Sunday, January 29, 2006

Upcoming CD Releases

Today's Los Angeles Times features a preview of upcoming CD releases for the first half of the year. Some I am particularly looking forward to are:


The Arctic Monkeys
"Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not", February 21

My pal Nigel in London turned me on to the likes of Franz Ferdinand, Keane and Ash before their releases hit the states. He really like these British rockers. Preview their music here: Arctic Monkeys.

My Chemical Romance
"Life On the Murder Squad", May 16

Live CD/DVD package.

The Vines
"Vision Valley", April 4

After a disappointing sophomore release, can they rebound?

Pink
"I'm Not Dead", April 4

Hilarious video for the song "Stupid Girls" proves Pink hasn't lost her sense of humor. Will the rest of the album live up to its opener? Check the video out at MTV.com.

Audioslave
Title tbd, May (exact date tbd)

See comment on The Vines above.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Stadium Arcadium", May 9

I read Anthony Keidis' autobiography this summer, and while its tales of music, women, rehab, music, women, rehab, music, rehab, women, rehab, rehab, rehab, frankly wore me out , it also whetted my appetite to hear more music from the seminal L.A. funk rocker and his band.

The complete list can be found at Sounds '06.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?